Haut de page
- 2006: A first working group in a competitive retail cluster (Picom, Lille, France) identified the need for a new payment system.
- 2008: Natural Security was launched and financed by retailers (Auchan, Leroy Merlin), banks (Banque Accord, BNP, Crédit Agricole, Crédit Mutuel Arkéa) and POS manufacturers (Ingenico).
- 2010: First prototype developed.
- 2012: World’s first trial to test a new payment method involving payment cards based on EMV, biometrics and mid-range contactless technology. Pilot payment and authentication programs were carried out to verify operational readiness of specifications, suitability of technology chosen and likelihood of adoption by users and stakeholders.
- 2013: Launch of Natural Security Alliance as the world’s first association dedicated to wireless biometric authentication founded by major banks, card schemes, retailers and vendors.